How to choose a suitable insect substrate?
A basic introduction.
This is an online training in the Amusca Feed line of expertise.
You need a basic level of understanding of feed methodology and terms to follow the course successfully. You will receive a reader upfront and an intake test will be provided.
The training consists of 4 individual live webinar sessions of 1 hour. Upon completion of the intake test you will be enabled to schedule the webinar sessions.
After the training you have a basic understanding of the selection process for insect feed substrates in your local environment.
Subjects covered in the course
- Feeding the Musca Domestica
- Amusca technology
- Important Feed components
- Larvae Substrates
- Quality control
- Markets for Insect Feed (basics)
- Drying, Extruding, Grinding Technologies ( basics)
- Matching calculations for substrates
- Business case for substate component
- Study the reader
- Intake test
- Exploring the legal framework in your area
- Exploring the substrates in your area
The training is in English.